Thursday, 8 May 2008

Jack Riding Bike

We have had a great week of weather and with it Jack has gotten some great bike riding in, which is definitely his favourite new hobby.

We never dreamed that he would be able to ride a bike at a little over 2, but one day he jumped on a neighbor girl's bike and off he went. While out walking one morning recently, I had rescued an old bike from a trash pick-up and brought it home. I anticipated leaving it in the shed for another year, but after seeing Jack on the neighbor's bike, getting training wheels put on this bike became a higher priority. Jack loves his bike and had no idea that it was viewed as trash in someone's eyes!

We joke that Jack can pedal and go really fast but still needs to work on his steering - which has proven to be just a bit of a problem at times. His bike only has a hand brake and Jack's hands are too small to reach it so he has successfully learned how to jump off the bike when he wants to stop or pedal backwards enough that the bike slows down.

I have included a video for you to get a glimpse of what he and his new bike look like. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Mama Julie said...

Jack does, indeed, ride really fast. I feared he was going to run over the camera crew. He is definitely more interested in riding his bike than he is in talking to the camera. Mama Julie

Unknown said...

Erin, Jack looks sooooo cute riding his bike! I loved the video!And, yes, it is impressive how fast he rides...
We miss you guys