Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Sweet Friends

I started to title this post 'good-bye sweet friends' but then deleted the 'good-bye' part.

Last week we sent our good friends, The Tuckwells, back to Cambridge. We had the great chance to know them in Cambridge and then get to be neighbours with them here at Oak Hill. It has been such a great experience to get to spend so much of our time in England near them. I have lived in England for nearly seven years and six of it has been near them. They are definitely some of the first people we call when we have a problem here (everything from the mundane: something is broken, I need something out of the loft and Charles is out of town, we need to borrow something to the more serious of asking for honest feedback and advice). They are very much our English Family.

They are very dear friends to us and we will miss them very much. We are very excited that they get the opportunity to go back and minister at Christ Church Cambridge. We are excited for them and those at Christ Church, and we are happy for us that they are only an hour away!

One of my favourite things about Jon coming to train at Oak Hill has been getting to see our boys become such good friends as they have now known each other outside of the baby/toddler years. Jack and Theo both adore them. In fact, Theo, a bit confused by all the moving vans that keep showing up at Oak Hill, keeps asking when we will get to move next to the Tuckwells (as well as when we get to go bowling with the Tuckwells!).

Our time in England would not be the same without Jon, Ruth, Joshua, Noah and Esther! Thanks for being some of our 'first English friends' - it is clearly from friendships like yours that we have 'learned to love the English!'







2 comments:

Mama Julie said...

I miss them for you. I am glad you have "family" in England too.

KLL said...

Sweet post...I'm glad they're only an hour away, too!