Friday, 12 October 2012

'The Abbotts'

One of the greatest things about moving back in mid August was the chance to get to know our Abbott cousins better before they move to Pennsylvania. It has been a real treat to watch the kids develop relationships, and then watch relationships turn to friendships. In just two months these little four people have become great friends of ours. The phrase 'The Abbotts' usually followed by 'are coming over' is met with unanimous approval and excitement in our household.

Last night we had supper with them. Josiah prayed a wonderful prayer:

Dear God,
Thank you for today.
Thank you that Jack knows so much about the Revolutionary War and Theo about Lewis and Clark.
Thank you for this food.
Amen

This prayer encapsulates so much in the mind of a seven-year-old. There have been many games of imagination played - wars fought and journeys exploring the West-  in Grandmother's and Granddad's yard these past two months. Josiah is thankful and so are we!

Selfishly we are sad to see them leave today, but we are excited for the ministry God has for them in Pennsylvania. We will hold the memories of these two months close to us as they are far and look forward with great anticipation to the next time we can see them.







7 comments:

Mrs. Thumb Up said...

Amen!!! Amen!!!

Mrs. Thumb Up said...

I am such a good writer.

Mrs. Thumb Up said...

I don't know which is worse - me forgetting to logout or Mom being clueless and commenting using my account! :)

Mama julie said...

I am really me now---not Erin. And my comment is still "Amen! Amen!" All I can say is it is a lot easier commenting as if I were Erin so I don't have to "prove I am not a robot" which usually takes me several tries.

KLL said...

ha ha! the above string of comments made me laugh out loud (for real). And, Julie, sometimes it takes me several tries to prove I am not a robot...especially now that they have added the numbers. They are hard to see sometimes! Regarding the post, so happy that the cousins were able to bond so well over last 2 months!

KLL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KLL said...

I just realized that my comment posted twice! Not sure how that happened! Maybe I was too good at proving I am not a robot...