The other day Jack was really struggling. I climbed up on his top bunk to try to console and help him learn from his frustration (to ensure I don't sound like the perfect parent - it is worth noting that I climbed up after many minutes of anger and frustration with him!) . I offered to pray with him. At this point, Theo (who we didn't even know was in the room much less listening) piped up and offered to pray too:
Theo: Yes Jack. Mommy and I can pray for you.
Erin (a bit surprised): Jack, would you like Theo and me to pray for you.
Jack (really surprised with Theo's offer) - nods his head.
Erin (wanting to see how this play out): Theo, why don't you start the prayer.
Theo (long pause): Well, I only do lunch prayers.
Everyone laughs.
You see for a long time Theo has resisted praying out loud. Just recently he has agreed to pray before our lunchtime meal. Evidently, he only qualifies himself as a lunch time prayer.
Although it is worth noting, that comically, my dad asked Theo at dinner the next night if he could please do one of his 'lunch time prayers'. Theo though this was really funny and agreed. So we might be close to having a 'dinner time pray-er' as well!
2 comments:
There's no limit to what you can pray for in a "lunch-time prayer".
so funny!
Post a Comment