The other day I was impressed by Addie's knowledge of baseball so I decided I would kind of quiz her on more. So I asked, 'Addie how many innings are in a baseball game?'
She answered, 'I don't know.' I was prepared to be underwhelmed and admit that she didn't know much when she piped up with more...
'You see it depends. There are nine innings but if the score is 5-5 at the end then you keep going until the score is 6-5. It the score is 6-5 at the end of nine innings you stop. If the scored is 6-5 at the end of eight innings you keep going because you have to play at least nine innings.'
Well said Addie. Well said.
4 comments:
Having older brothers is quite an education!
Love it!!! This is "addieomatic"-------her personality completely---precise.
wow! Perhaps she can explain the game to me sometime! Have enjoyed catching up with some of your family's happenings - they make me smile. We were reminiscing about The Magic House in St Louis at dinner time today. Miri's comment 'the best place ever - when can we go back!'. Sending love, x
She does not take after her namesake, Nana, but PaPa Jack would have loved her answer. He was the biggest baseball fan on the planet. We practically had to make an appointment to speak to him on game nights. LOL!
Post a Comment