Friday, 7 March 2008

Still learning...

If you had told me when I was 13 that I would live overseas when I was grown-up, and actually like it, I would have never believed you. I grew up in Jefferson City, Missouri and attended the University of Missouri-Columbia (only 30 miles away). I always joke that up until the age of 22 I never had to reprogram the radio stations in the car (luckily we did have more than one car during those 22 years…just barely). I loved my hometown mostly because it was where my family was and it was where I had learned to be comfortable. How funny God is....

In God's great wisdom, he had me fall in love with a wonderful man (yeah Mr. Foot Down) who had aspirations and callings outside of my little orbit. After marrying Charles in 2000, we have embarked on a journey that has redefined what comfort is for me. Showing me that comfort is not always defined by where you are or who you are with - in fact it is often the times when you are most outside of you comfort zone that you learn the most about yourself and your dependence on God. Learning this has not been an easy process for me. I can truly say that the process hurts at times, but my prayer is that the process makes me a person who is stronger and more dependent on the Lord.

1 comment:

Mama Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.