Charles went up north to preach today (part of getting ready for his missions trip around Easter) which required that he left before the boys got up this morning. It was one of the first mornings that he has been gone during breakfast since Theo was born - I usually am feeding Theo while Charles helps Jack with the beginning of breakfast. Apparently, Jack has gotten rather use to Daddy's way of doing breakfast and was not too sanguine about my ability to remember how to make breakfast. Here is an excerpt from our conversation:
Jack: I want toast for breakfast.
Erin: That sounds good.
Jack: Do you know how to make toast?
Erin: (a bit annoyed) - Yes, I know how to make toast.
Jack: I want it buttered. Do you know how to butter it?
Erin: (deciding now to play along) Well, I am not sure, but I will give it my best try!
Jack: (completely sincere) O.K. Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment