Friday, 27 March 2009

Loud Yelling

I was awoken last night by a loud yell. In my half-groggy state, I stumbled out of my room to see which of the boys needed help. Both of the boys were silent and sleeping. I then stumbled downstairs to see how Charles was doing. He was up listening to the Mizzou Tiger basketball game on the Internet. I came into the room and here is our conversation.

ERIN: Charles, did you just hear a loud yell?
CHARLES: I might have.
ERIN: Charles, did you just yell really loud?
CHARLES: I am afraid I might have. I am really sorry.

Apparently Charles was so into the Tigers game and how well they were playing he couldn't contain himself and burst out in loud yelling even though the rest of his family was fast asleep. Oh, and just to clarify it was 2:30 AM. He cannot miss his Tigers playing.

It might be worth mentioning that part of Charles's excitement comes from the fact that he has rarely rooted for a team that has been successful. If fact, his profile on the College's website lists one of his hobbies as 'supporting rather unsuccessful American sports teams'. Up until a few months ago, the Mizzou basketball team would have fallen under this category, but not any more! You can accuse Charles of a lot of things, but you cannot accuse him of being fair-weather fan.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Aha...we were wondering how much trouble he got into for yelling in the middle of the night. Although, in his defense, it was an incredible shot (even from the viewpoint of a KU Jayhawk fan...go Kansas!). :D

Mama Julie said...

I can vouche for the fact that Charles tried to be quiet. He called us at around 2 a.m. and was practically whipering to share excitement with us that our wonderful Tigers were actually winning.