Sunday, 19 July 2009

Yeah Charles!

Yesterday we had the privilege of watching Charles receive his degree from Cambridge. It was a very fun day. My parents were able to time their yearly trip to include the festivities and we were extremely grateful to our good friends who were willing to watch Jack and Theo for the day. After many hard years, it is official.

Nearing the end of Charles's PhD I presented him with a shirt that said 'Gitter Dun' referring to the idea that he just need to work hard and get the PhD done. Well, yesterday I had a new shirt made that said 'Gotter Dun'. Well DUN Charles! We are all very proud of you.







9 comments:

Jill Hardin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! So glad you guys had a fun, memorable day!!

Ana Kelly said...

Congratulations you two! I so remember the day when Erin got that shirt!

Debby Whitfield said...

Wow! This is so wonderful! I am thrilled for you both! Much love from the Houston Andersons.

Karen said...

Thank you for posting the photos! It was fun to see it all official and everything. It may be ridiculous, but a small part of me wants to take every opportunity to call Charles Dr Anderson instead of by his actual name! Congratulations big brother!

Anonymous said...

Wow, its official. Congratulations! Charles, you look very impressive. I’m extremely proud of you and what you have accomplished academically as well who you are as a Christian, a husband, a father and a son.

Monette said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!

Love you lots,
GiGi

Monette said...

The only thing that could have made the day better for us here in Liberty was to have been there with you. :) Congratualtions to both you and Erin! Ditto to what Dad said.

Rebekah said...

Well done, big brother. I agree with Karen, I really want to call you Dr. Anderson now. Can't wait to see you guys soon now that I am on this side of the pond. :D Thanks for posting the pictures!

Unknown said...

I seriously cannot imagine doing what you have done and have so much admiration for you both because of that fact. Please pass along my congratulations to Charles...it sure would be good to talk to you guys again sometime.