So we were driving home from the store last night and a VERY minor stop light turned yellow just as we were approaching. And yes, I sped up and went through (safely, I might add). But this did not escape the attention of my three-year-old who quickly from the back seat reprimanded me. The conversation went like this:
Jack: Mom, that was a yellow light.
Erin: Yes, Jack. You are right. I shouldn't have gone through. I should have stopped.
Jack: No, you shouldn't have. That was not the right thing to do.
Erin: Yes, Jack. You are right.
Jack: They wouldn't be very happy with you.
Erin: Who wouldn't be very happy with me?
Jack: The people who made that rule.
2 comments:
Maybe we'll let Jack the Cop patrol my road and keep people from double parking!
Better to go through on yellow than to come to a screeching fish-tail halt. Bring back any memories? I am glad you have Jack to keep you in line since I am so far away.
Post a Comment