Yesterday I was explaining to Jack how good stories and books have a plot. He quickly asked what a plot was. I told him that there should be a problem and then a way to fix the problem.
Jack asked if he could write a book last night. I quickly went and got a pen and paper and had him dictate his book to me - without any editing (even the title was his). He was speaking so fast I could barely keep up. Here is his first book - probably not destined to be a classic, but a decent first go. We will have to work plot a bit more! He does like his onomatopoeia though.
Mr. Logical by Jack W. C. Anderson
One day they were wrestling until Mommy called them for breakfast and something went boom boom clap. It was the postman with a letter for them. Mr. Logical wants them to come for lunch, and he was going to serve pizza and beans until something really happened. There was big excitement in their house as a dog came in and said woof woof.
4 comments:
I love his story and agree it is excellent for a first story. The English teacher in me says that your next talk might be about antecedents for pronouns----now that he has mastered plot.
Love your Rome pictures. Wow! What a beautiful city and even older than Central Dairy.
Oh, Erin! This is just great! I love his story! How are you guys doing?
I love his story. I also agree with Mama Julie about pronoun antecedents! It will be fun to keep his "writings" over the years. I have Buddy's second grade "story" and I reread it periodically. It is so much fun to look at again and again.
Oh, I love this! Charlie loves to write stories. One fun way to "illustrate" them is to have him cut out pictures out of magazines and stick them on the page. (sometimes this can really drive the story, too.) I kept one of Charlie's, covered it with contact paper, and did my best attempt at binding it. We love it, and still read it as a family today. What a treasure!
Post a Comment