Monday, 15 February 2010

Beautiful



We sang this song tonight and Jack asked if he could sing it for the camera. It is one of our family favourites and feels like a fitting one after the birth of Addie a few days back. We are very grateful to God for her safe arrival and recognize that God is the creator of all things beautiful.

I have included the lyrics since some of them are kind of hard to understand:

You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp your infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depths (in Jack's version you burp here) of your love
You are beautiful beyond description Majesty enthroned above
And I stand, I stand in awe of you
I stand, I stand in awe of you
Holy God to whom all praise is due I stand in awe of you

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

That was fantastic! I agree that it was very appropriate after bringing Addie home. Miss you guys! Please give my nephews and niece a kiss for me. :D

Karen said...

Jack and I sang this on Wednesday night, although, I think with your help he managed far better than with my only half-knowleged attempt to help him sing the song. Very fitting considering Addie.
Hope you are doing okay!

Mama Julie said...

Very impressive. There are a lot of BIG words in that song. I believe God delights in the praises of His people---especially the pint=sized ones. Well done, Jack.

Jill Hardin said...

Oh to have that kind of faith. Beautiful.

Debby Whitfield said...

That was fantastic. Jack is going to be a Minister of Music for sure!