In fact it was E who was giving me the motivational speech at mile 12! I didn't feel great during the run, but was happy to finish - seven months after having Addie. I made a goal that I would run a half-marathon after each child as a way of getting back in shape. After Jack I ran the Peterborough Half-Marathon when he was ten months and then ran in London yesterday at seven months after having Addie. Ed Note: I didn't manage one between Addie and Theo.
For the record, we finished in a whooping 2 hours and 33 minutes which was place 9,716 and 9,718 out of 15,000 runners. We aren't sure who finished at 9,717 since we were right next to each other but I guess someone did! As Jack pointed out, there were a lot of runners in front of us. (Ed Note: Kids are good for your humility) I would like to point out that there were a decent amount behind us too!
The best part of the race was having all of our family there to cheer us on. E's parents were there as were our husbands and all nine kids. It was really fun to see the kids waving at us at three different point throughout the race. As Charles and E's husband pointed out they may really deserve the medal for venturing London's public transportation and race with all of the kids. I think they might be right...because of course 13.1 miles was just a cake walk for us!
7 comments:
You both were wearing beautiful smiles----that was encouraging. Sorry we couldn't be there to cheer you on.
Gut gemacht Erin! Way to go!
And that's really funny what Jack said. :) BTW, did your exercise video (Jill Michaels ?)ever start working again? I hope so...
Yeah! Congratulations!
Congratulations!!!
Well done, Erin! This is the 3rd inspirational running story I have heard in as many days. Maybe someone is trying to tell me something... Congrats!
Congratlations!!!!
Congratulations on a job well done. To finish a bare 7 months after having a baby is remarkarble!
Post a Comment