Sunday, 12 September 2010

Twinkle Twinkle Adelaide

I was so pleased that my mom was able to come help when Addie was born. I looked forward to her helping me settle into life with three, but also to the way she creatively entertains us all.

In a way unique to my mother she made up a very sweet little song for Addie (sung to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star). It has become a family favourite and the boys still sing it to her regularly. In fact, I think Theo is more familiar with this version than he is the original involving 'little star'. If you prompt Theo by saying, 'Twinkle Twinkle' and then wait for him to finish the line, he will say 'Adelaide' instead of 'little star'. It is really cute. Here is the song courtesy of Grandmother:

Twinkle, twinkle Adelaide
What a pretty girl God made
Dainty fingers, pearly toes,
Pretty eyes, mouth and nose,
Twinkle, twinkle Adelaide
What a pretty girl God made.

2 comments:

Mama Julie said...

I always wanted to be a published writer. I finally made it in your blog. A dream fulfilled. Thank you.

KLL said...

Mama Julie, you are now more than a published writer, but also a published composer! Great song! :)