Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Something to file away

Mr. Foot Down here. I was home for the afternoon today, since Mrs. Thumb Up was at work. Not surprisingly, we have a set routine when it comes to nap time. I put Addie down first and then Theo in the guest room, and Jack just goes to his room on his own and starts playing quietly, since he has rest time, while the other two actually/usually sleep. Today, I was doing the blind in the guest room, and I turned around to see Jack coming into the room, which is unusual.


'Jack, what are you doing?' I asked.

'I just came to give Theo a hug', he replied, as he climbed up on to the bed where Theo was already nestled down (see yesterday's post). 'I love you Theo', Jack said as he climbed on him and gave him a hug.

'I love you too', mumbled Theo through the meme in his mouth.


And with that, Jack nonchalantly climbed back down and went to the other room, like this was a completely normal occurrence.



Mrs Thumb Up recommended that we post it, since she figures we'll probably have many days where the boys find such an interchange hard to believe (and we may too). So there it is as official as we can make it.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I'm glad you posted that! I wish I could walk into the room nonchalantly and tell the kids I love them. :)

Mama Julie said...

That is so heartwarming.

KLL said...

There are so many posts that they (and you) will love reading when they are older!