Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Beginning Hebrew through Jack's Eyes

We had two old university friends staying with us this past week. There was a mini-crisis at one point which meant that I needed to take them somewhere. This was unplanned and given that there were two of them and four of us (three kids and me)and a five seater car, we had a problem.

The quickest way for us to solve the problem was for Charles to take Jack to his lecture and let him sit in the back row for the first 20 minutes while I ran our friends to where they needed to be.

Apparently, he sat in the back of the class and read a book quietly. Charles said he was excellent and many of the students were excited to see him (he is kind of a socialite of the College campus).

When I collected Jack, I asked him if Dad was a good teacher and whether he learned anything. He said, 'No. I didn't think it was that interesting, but Dad did say a few things that made people laugh so that was kind of interesting.' This is Jack's opinion of beginning Hebrew, maybe we should wait a few years to enroll him! :)

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Maybe start Jack with beginning Greek to make the transition a bit easier for him. :)

Mama Julie said...

What a great commentary. Laughter is important--it shows the students were listening.

Monette said...

Sitting in on seminary classes already, way to go, Jack!