Thursday, 29 September 2011

Three Year Olds

A week ago at dinner -

Erin: Theo you need to eat your carrots if you are going to have anything else to eat.

Ten minutes pass. No carrots are eaten.

Erin: Theo you need to eat your carrots if you are going to have anything else to eat.
Jack: Come on Theo. You like orange.
Theo: I don't like orange. I like white.
Jack: We could put some flour on it and then it would be white.
Theo: Okay.
Erin: You want me to put flour on the carrots?
Theo: Yes.

Erin gets the flour out and covers the carrots in white all-purpose flour.
Theo quickly eats his carrots.

Theo: I like floured carrots.

Oh the logic of a three-year-old.

5 comments:

Mama julie said...

I wish I could say hmmmm delicious, but it sounds really disgusting.

Karen said...

Well, I suppose whatever work then, but I rather agree with Julie.

KLL said...

super funny! i can picture it! :) we miss being an hour's flight away from the anderson clan!

Debby Whitfield said...

What a hoot! You will need to get up early in the morning to best this little one! LOL:)

Monette said...

If he thinks that is good we shouldn't have any trouble feeding Theo when y'all visit! :D I always said however the kids would eat their vegies was fine as long as they ate them, but I do believe I agree with Julie (and Debby)!