Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Running late....

Today we were running a bit late getting out the door to collect Theo from pre-school. It was classic Erin - trying to do one too many things before loading the kids up.

I yelled upstairs to Jack to hurry up that we were running late. Jack quickly came out of his room  and told me he 'had to poop'. [ed note: sorry for the vulgar choice of words but I think the accuracy of his words helps with the story.]

I quickly said 'Oh Jack I don't think we have enough time. You will have to wait.'.

Jack then calmly said, 'Mom would you rather be late or have me poop in my pants.'

It doesn't take a genius to guess that we were a bit late.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

You can't argue with logic like that!

Mama julie said...

Some things are better attended to immediately. Glad you were understanding.

Monette said...

I agree, late was a very good choice for today!

KLL said...

Made me laugh out loud...I can totally picture that interaction!
Classic!