So Jack's latest hobby is cartoons. Charles explained to him how cartoons were made frame by frame. Since then he has been
SO into drawing cartoons frame by frame. I am not exaggerating when I say he has spent hours a day doing these cartoons. Basically he takes one piece of paper and draws a figure and then takes another piece of paper and draws the next scene etc. We have gone through a lot of paper. He then tries to flip through them really quickly to give the 'effect' of a moving picture. It works in his mind (only).
He has improved but he has a long way to go still! His drawings definitely feels six-year-old-ish, but his creative side is to be admired. This weekend we saw friends in Oxford. Their teenage daughters very kindly helped Jack re-enact his Boston Tea Party Cartoon and were clever enough to video it with their iphones.
Here is Jack's first taped cartoon. Note that Jack also changes his voice at one point to match with a new character.
S
3 comments:
Admirable indeed. I think maybe Liberty Kids is having an effect on Jack. Nice of the British to help with the tea party. It couldn't have been held originally without them:)
Disney pictures or Pixar? Good job Jack!
awesome!!!! I miss you , Jack!
Post a Comment