Monday, 7 May 2012

Jack's Comments regarding Eliot

There have been two things Jack has said recently that I wanted to make sure I got recorded:

1) On the Monday before Eliot was born he and I were walking home from the doctor's surgery; he was just chatting away as only Jack can do. Before I knew it we were in a discussion about how hard it was to have a baby.  He told me that he wanted to make sure he got some good rest in the next few days because he knew that after the baby was born he would be exhausted.  He then told me that he 'knew that Dad would understand because he was also the oldest and knew what it was like to have younger siblings, but that I probably wouldn't understand since I wasn't the oldest'.

So true Jack - I have no idea how exhausting it is to have a baby!  :)

2) In Sunday School a few days after Eliot was born, Jack's teacher asked him how his week had gone, prompting him to announce and tell about the birth of Eliot to the other students. Apparently Jack got a little passive, so the teacher asked him what Eliot looked like to which Jack replied, 'Well he looks a little rough right now.'

There you have it!  Jack's first impression of his newest brother 'a little rough' - I can see this comment sneaking into a future wedding toast speech 'To Eliot who started out looking rough...'

And here are a few pictures taken recently of Jack and Eliot:






2 comments:

Mama julie said...

Jack has had more sibling experience than most people his age, and I must say he has risen to the responsibility beautifully.

Monette said...

"Biggest" brother and "littlest" brother look to be getting on wonderfully.