On Saturday we had a moving sale. This prompted a great home-schooling lesson so we went for it - an old fashion lemonade stand. Jack was very keen. We talked about making change, refreshed on all the different coins, tithing, profit margin, sign-making etc. It was fun, and anyone who knows Jack knows that he had lots of questions. We made cookies which were to be sold for 20 pence and cups of lemonade which would be sold for 10 pence.
Jack's goal - all good salesmen have a goal - was to make enough money to buy him and Theo a McDonald's milkshake. He was a little nervous about whether he would get to this goal. We calculated that if he sold everything we had made he would earn £3.80. He said if he didn't sell everything that he and Theo could share a milkshake, but after a five second silence, he quickly added that they had never had their own (a little pressure on the mother here!).
We are happy to report that his first lemonade stand and cookie selling was a huge success. He made £11.37 - he also learned the lesson of very generous people and tips! We talked about how he had enough to buy everyone in our family a milkshake. Please excuse me now, I am off to McDonalds!
4 comments:
Way to go Jack! I hope you all enjoy your shakes. Isn't Homeschooling wonderful, we make everything a lesson. :)
Yeah, go Jack! Good job!
Awesome! Congrats on your successful lemonade stand, Jack...and I bet your first milkshake that was all your own tasted especially good! :)
I remember how fun lemonade stands were. It seems I remember you selling glasses of lemonade for a dime a piece or two for a quarter.
Post a Comment