Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Jack's Notes

Lately Jack has gotten into writing us notes. We find notes everywhere - under our pillow, on the refrigerator, on the front door, etc. I took pictures of a couple of notes he had written a few months back that were still on the refrigerator (and then through them away without guilt!). Here are the letters (with Jack's own phonetic spelling) and the stories behind them. 

This first note dates back to March when I was still working. I told Charles to make sure that the kids got some yogurt for lunch the day I was at work primarily because they were about to reach their expiration date. Yogurt is a treat for the kids and Jack wanted to make sure that Charles did not forget so when I came down for breakfast the next morning this sign was prominently displayed on the front of the refrigerator. I  am fairly sure Charles would have sussed out that that note was from Jack not me.




This second note dates back to February or March. Periodically we have Pathfinder Parties at our house (the 11-14s group at church that we lead). The kids love it when we host these parties because they adore the Pathfinders. We have struck a deal with the kids that they are allowed to stay up a bit late and greet the Pathfinders provided that they then go to bed happily when we say it is time. Every time is it a challenge for the kids to go upstairs and go to bed when there are 10-15 pre-teens downstairs being loud and crazy. For the most part, they have taken to the challenge and responded well. One particular night I was very impressed with their 'going to bed' so I decided I would leave them a note on their bedroom floor thanking them for going to bed so well. I thought Jack in particular would like this since he is so into letter writing. I thought he would really like getting up in the morning, finding the letter, and then reading it to Theo. And it appears by the following letter that he slipped under our bedroom door the next morning that I was right!

2 comments:

Monette said...

Maybe we have a budding novelist in our midst! I love the notes. :)

Mama julie said...

I am glad you preserved these sweet notes with your handy camera. Jack will enjoy seeing them when he is the novelist that Monette referred to.