Wednesday, 2 April 2008

Last Few Weeks

This posting is way overdue. We have been busy with Charles’s parents the last couple of weeks. Jack really enjoyed having Grandma and PaPa at his house. It was a nice time for them to see Jack on his territory. A lot happened during their two week visit.


The first couple of days were filled with us introducing them to Oak Hill and our life in London. We also had a good day trip to Cambridge to show them our life for the past three years. We ventured into London and toured the British Museum which never gets old (however, each time I visit it I question the name since virtually nothing is truly British but has just been stolen over the years). The second week was spent on holiday in the Lake District – it was nice despite the rainy weather and traffic jam on the M6. All of this was filled with lots of bridge which is our favourite activity when Charles’s parents visit.


The end of the first week was one of the highlights for me. Charles and I went to Royal Free Hospital and had our 20 week scan. The technician indicated that everything looks fine at this point for which we were really thankful.


Although I was anticipating the scan, the main highlight that I was referring to above was our next event. After the scan, we then headed into London for a night away on the town. It was so much fun to be together and stay at hotel in Kensington. We haven’t had a night away from Jack together in England – largely because we don’t have the family to impose our son on (thanks to Grandma and PaPa)! It was so nice to have dinner, a movie, and a sleep-in the next day. Our date nearly corresponded with our 8th wedding anniversary which made it extra special. What a true blessing to not only love your husband after 8 years, but to even like him as well!

2 comments:

David said...

I thought they were doing us a big favor by going on their "big date" and leaving us to sit with Jack. This was truly a "win-win" event.

Unknown said...

Erin, I am really happy to hear that your scan went well. And happy for you having a night away. That's great! Rodrigo and I just celebrated our 9th anniversary and we were happy to have a babysitter so we could go out (no parents in town) :(