You know those moments you have as a parent, when you think to yourself - My kid is so bright! Well, yesterday was not one of those days...
Yesterday Jack asked if we could play that wacky game again. I told him we could. The only problem was that Charles was at work so we had to come up with a new way to play (since before hand, one of us would leave the room and the other two would make things wacky). Well, Jack had already anticipated this problem and had it sorted. He suggested that Theo leave the room and then Jack and I would make things wacky. And then Theo could come back into the room and tell us what was wacky. That was Jack's idea. For those of you who are unsure, Theo is 6 months old. I didn't want to insult Jack's idea, but I told him that even if Theo was able to identify the wacky things he would struggle to tell us what they are since he cannot talk.
So I countered Jack's idea and told him to leave and I would make things wacky. He left the room, and I made four things wacky. He returned and identified all four items. He then asked me to leave so he could make things wacky. I did. As I was in the other room, I heard him moving things around doing his best to get the room ready for me. When I returned I was surprised to find the exact same four things out of place that I had just made wacky for him. He had picked the same four items! And each time I identified an item as wacky he acted so excited and proud of himself and me! Either we need to work on creativity or alteranatively, maybe he thinks I am so slow that he needs to give me an easy go at the game???
2 comments:
Hilarious! Obviously Jack thinks your choice of wacky things is unbeatable!
Missing you so much, as well as your precious boys!
Post a Comment