We gave Jack the Colin Buchanan CD - 'Aussie Praise Remember The Lord' - for Christmas. We could not have picked a better present. He has absolutely loved it. I am not joking when I tell you that he listens to it pretty much non-stop and has almost every song memorized. His two favourite songs are Remember the Lord (track 16) and This is the Gospel (track 22).
In fact, a few days ago I put Jack down for a nap around 12:45. Everything was quiet until I heard him get up about 30 minutes later. I went upstairs to find out what was bothering him. He was really excited to show me that his new digital clock that we have just recently put in his room was showing the number 16 which is Remember the Lord. He was so excited to show me that it was the same number as Remember the Lord. He turned around to show me the clock showing 1:16. He had a priceless and surprised expression when he turned around to see the clock actually showing 1:17. Apparently, it had taken me more than 60 seconds to get upstairs.
Jack sang the song below (Remember The Lord - track 16) and asked that I send it to Colin. I am hoping to somehow send an email to Colin's website and a link to the blog. Maybe, just maybe, Colin will respond and make Jack's year. We can only hope, but in the mean time, here is the video and lyrics for your viewing pleasure.
I am typing the lyrics below because I am afraid if you don't know the words you will only be able to make out a small portion. You will notice that Jack does his best to sing the song with an Australian accent - not bad for an American boy living in England!
Oh, and I would highly highly highly recommend this CD to anyone with kids under the age of 18: https://secure.colinbuchanan.com.au/shop/shop59.html
There Colin, I just did my best to create sales for you, surely you can reciprocate by commenting and making my three-year-old's day. PLEASE (manners always help!)!!!!
Remember The Lord By Colin Buchanan
If you stub your toe when you get out of bed
And you slip in the shower and you knock your head
If you miss your breakfast and your bike tire's flat
If the dog eats your lunch and you step on the cat...
CHORUS
Remember the Lord, Oh-oh!
Remember that He is in control
Remember the Lord, Oh-oh!
He's watching His children He cares, Oh-oh!
Remember the Lord, Oh-oh! Oh-oh!
If you get to school about a half hour late
And the principal meets you at the gate
If you can't remember one plus two
And you're busted for something that you didn't do...
CHORUS
If your Dad is crusty and your Mom's in a flap
And you spill the custard in your sister's lap
If you're sent to bed and you don't know why
And you can't get to sleep and you just want to cry...
CHORUS
2 comments:
Wonderful!!! I am so impressed. Tell Theo I think he has a future as a back-up singer---I could hear him and he added to this delightful performance. The number is improved by Jack's enthusiasm.
That's fantastic! I have missed hearing Jack's singing...especially Jack singing as Colin. :D
Post a Comment