Saturday, 5 June 2010

514 Babies

Yesterday I was reading Charlotte's Web to Jack. He really loves to be read to. As this is the first chapter book we have attempted, there is a bit of learning curve to his listening and remembering from chapter to chapter. Sometimes I think he is really understanding and other times I am not sure he is really getting it. But he certaintly likes it, and so we happily keep reading it.

Yesterday we read that Charlotte laid 514 eggs. Jack was very taken with this. His first comment was, 'Wow. That is really a lot of kids to worry about.'

Amen to that comment. I think this was definitely one of those moments that he was getting it!

2 comments:

Mama Julie said...

"Worry" is such a mature concept I hope he won't be to sad at the ending of the story. I never see a spider that I don't think of Charlotte.

Jill Hardin said...

That Jack is "some kid"!!