Monday, 28 February 2011

Addie 'crawling'

Addie is a mover. At twelve months she is officially moving. She is not a traditional crawler, no she is a 'shuffler'. She has a very unique style where she throws her legs one way and shuffles and then throws her legs the other way and shuffles. She has even gotten faster since this video was taken. It is super cute.

The interesting thing is that her mother was never a crawler too - maybe it is hereditary. I will leave it to my mom to comment on whether this was my technique or whether she has her own patent on this one. For your viewing pleasure:


8 comments:

Mama Julie said...

Super cute! Her mommy alternated legs and moved very quickly across any room never taking her eyes off of the object she was attacking. Addie's is a little more of a sideways pull. Both styles could present serious issues to the seat of the pants, (sorry, England, that's what the things babies wear on their bottom half are called here in the US). They make knee patches for worn knees. I never have seen derriere patches.

Rebekah said...

Well, I see 2 benefits to her technique. First, she is working on her abs. And second, she doesn't have to put down her cup (or food or toy) while moving. Very smart, Addie!

Monette said...

Very good job, Addie! I love the unique way you are moving. Julie and I will have to see if we can find large knee patches to substitute for the derriere patches you will need. :)

Charles Anderson said...

Mom -- what are you saying about my daughter's bottom if they need to be large?

KLL said...

ha! that is halarious! I think it is a potential dance move that A will want to learn when he comes to see you in April. :)

Jill Hardin said...

That is pretty cute!

Ana Kelly Vasconcelos Franklin said...

Oh, dear! She is so cute moving!

Monette said...

Large only in comparison to her little knees. I also figured she would only need one that way. :D