Yesterday after church we went to a friend's house for Sunday lunch. Addie took a nap there but the boys both stayed up and played. We had a great time, but at the end of the day we had some really tired boys so we made a parental decision to put them to bed a few minutes early. Jack, being particularly 'Jackish', noticed that he was in his bed three minutes before seven instead of seven or after so he called out wondering why. We told him because he was tired. I then said 'if you think it is too early Jack you all can sing songs until seven'. We then heard this song which I taped through their bedroom door (they had no idea I was taping):
And just to prove that parents do know best, we didn't hear another word after this song and Jack slept until 7:45 am this morning instead of his usual bounding out of his room at seven!
2 comments:
They sounded really sweet. I am sure God delights in the praises of small boys who are trying to delay bedtime.
That was most precious.
Post a Comment