We were walking home from a very informal picnic today where we brought ALL the food ourselves and just sat on the back lawn of college with a few friends. It was extremely low-key. On the way home, Jack said, 'Mom, thanks so much for letting us come to this.' I said your welcome, and then he continued, 'Did we have to pay to come to this?'. Just to be clear, NO ONE would have paid to come to this picnic, it was that low-key. I explained that we didn't have to pay that we had provided everything ourselves. Jack then said, 'Well Dad says there is no such thing as a free lunch.'
He keeps you on your toes - that is for sure - and he keeps you fairly tired from having to explain SO much. :)
2 comments:
I wish I could have come to the picnic! Sounds like a good time. :)
What wise words from such a small boy.
Post a Comment