Saturday, 16 June 2012

Incoherent?

Theo woke up around 10:30 pm last night crying. Charles went to sort him out. Here is the conversation that followed:

Charles: Theo, what is wrong?
Theo: I didn't get a sticker today at pre-school for good tidying up and they told me I would (ed note: first we had heard of this all day).
Charles: Theo, you just need to go back to sleep. We can give you a sticker tomorrow.

Still more crying from Theo

Charles: Theo, there is no crying in baseball.
Theo (stops crying): Daddy I am not playing baseball.
Charles: That is a good point Theo.

Charles leaves the room. Theo stopped crying, and we didn't hear from him the rest of the night.

Odd - very odd. Conversations like this only happen with our lovely Theo.

2 comments:

Mama julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama julie said...

Give him a sticker at bedtime tonight just as insurance.