A week after Eliot was born, we were fortunate enough to have my mom and sister come visit. It was such a treat to have them both.
One of the things that my sister did while she was here was work with Jack to write song lyrics and then they put piano music too it. It was by far the highlight of Jack's month of May. He still sings the song often and talks about Aunt Lauren and how she helped him.
Not only did she help him then, but she renewed his interest in music and specifically writing music. He has been working on various songs since she left with the 'goal' of writing a cd with ten songs. He has even developed the cd cover with pictures and all (a separate blog post to come). A few days ago he was working on this song, and I asked him if he minded if I recorded it. He said he didn't so I seized the opportunity. Unfortunately, my camera battery dies right at the end, but you definitely get a good taster of his upcoming cd! I have typed the lyrics up just in case you are not able to understand his singing. Enjoy!
Jesus powerful king
He’s the king
Powerful mighty king
Jesus is human
Jesus the king
Jesus mighty king
Not a drop of sin
Was nailed to the cross like a criminal
Jesus powerful king
Our salvation
He healed a blind man
He brought the dead alive
Fed 5000 people in one day
Jesus the king
Jesus mighty king
Not a drop of sin
Was nailed to the cross like a criminal
Jesus powerful king
Died upon the cross to take our sin away
He did. He did
Jesus the king
Jesus mighty king
Not a drop of sin
Nailed like a criminal
But he didn’t stay dead
He rose from the grave
Yeah Yeah Yeah.
4 comments:
What a wonderful song. I listened to it at the beginning of a very hectic day for me and it really got me started right.
AWESOME! I love it!
From one composer to another, that is an Excellent song. I can't wait for the whole CD!
Wonderful song! How great to have multiple composers in the family. I'm thinking it will need to be an extra long CD!
Post a Comment