The other day I was in the kitchen and Jack came in and told me that Theo was getting into his stuff. I stopped what I was doing and told Jack that Theo was getting to a new age and that Jack needed to be really good at sharing and that for the VERY few things that Jack had that were not safe for Theo then Jack should be sure to put them up high (I even gave him an example - 'like on the couch') so that Theo could not get to them. I heard Jack go back into the room and a minute later I heard Theo calling out a bit discontentedly. I returned to the room they were in and saw this:
Jack had put every single one of the toys up on the couch! Theo did not have one single toy on his level. I laughed to myself, thought of how selfishness is so ingrained in all of us, took this picture quickly, and then of course(!) told Jack that this was unacceptable and that Theo should be able to play with some of the toys.
3 comments:
Uh oh...the coming days will be interesting as Jack learns to share. Although, as long as he isn't stepping on his little brother, he will be doing better than his father did. :D
Oh... siblings. I can say, as a younger sibling, that it's not an easy road. :) Theo has my sympathy!
About the time you get Jack used to sharing, you will put him on a soccer field and start yelling, "Take it away from him---don't let him have the ball." Parenting is full of challenges.
Post a Comment