Thursday, 4 August 2011

Jack, the Literary Critic

The library is running a summer reading program. So we headed down to the local library and signed up. Basically they ask each child to read a book a week and then comment on it. Well, Jack has really taken to it. He has already finished six books and we will go back today and get some more. I found his comments on all of the books pretty funny so here they are:

At the Farm
Comment: Some people are scared of animals.

The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse



















Comment: Very good. Fabulous. I want to be a country mouse.


The Boy Who Cried Wolf



















Comment: Some people lie. People don't believe you when you lie too much

The Genie in the Bottle



















Comment: I was surprised that he could disappear.

Danny the Dragon



















Comment: Good. Fabulous. I like how Danny breathed out fire.

The Lion and the Mouse



















Comment: I like it because I think the Lion is like Aslan.

2 comments:

Mama Julie said...

I delight in his love of reading, I too would be a country mouse. Keep reading Jack----books take you to worlds you couldn't visit any other way.

Monette said...

I'm glad he's enjoying reading so much. It's such a joy to see.